Topic 5 - Solve Problems Using Equations and Inequalities
Standard: MAFS.7.EE.B - Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
5-1: Write Two-Step Equations
- I can analyze word problems to write-two step equations.
- I can interpret the quantities in an equation.
- How does an equation show the relationship between variables and other quantities in a situation?
5-2: Solve Two-Step Equations
- I can use models to solve two-step equations.
- I can compare algebraic and arithmetic solutions.
- How is solving a two-step equation similar to solving a one-step equation?
- isolate the variable
5-3: Solve Equations Using the Distributive Property
- I can solve equations using the Distributive Property.
- How does the Distributive Property help you solve equations?
5-4: Solve Inequalities Using Addition and Subtraction
- I can graph the solution of inequalities on a number line.
- I can solve inequalities using the Addition and Subtraction Properties of Equality.
- How is solving inequalities with addition and subtraction similar to and different from solving equations with addition and subtraction?
5-5: Solve Inequalities Using Multiplication or Division
- I can write inequalities and solve them using Multiplication and Division Properties of Inequalitiy.
- I can graph the solutions of an inequality on a number line.
- How is solving inequalities with multiplication and division similar and different from solving equations with multiplication and division?
5-6: Solve Two-Step Inequalities
- I can write and solve a two-step inequality to solve a problem.
- I can solve an inequality by multiplying or dividing by a negative rational number.
- How is solving a two-step inequality similar to and different from solving a two-step equation?
Anchor Charts: TBD
5-7: Solve Multi-Step Inequalities
- I can explore the relationship between two-step inequalities and multi-step inequalities.
- I can apply the Distributive Property to simplify and solve multi-step inequalities.
- How is solving a multi-step inequality similar to and different from solving a multi-step equation?